[OPLINTECH] Meraki wireless solution

Ed Liddle eliddle at marysvillelib.org
Tue Jul 29 11:40:05 EDT 2014

We have a couple of Meraki APs at our main library. They work well. Managing them is straight forward with the meraki cloud controller. The firmware has been updated several times automatically without any issues. I was able to set  the firmware updates to a time when the library is closed. Over the last month according to the summary report we have had 1110 clients connect to our public WiFi.  Over all the total bandwidth used over the APs combined for staff and public use is 171.99 GB: ↓ 155.05 GB ↑ 16.94 GB.

If the APs lose communication with the cloud controller I get an email when they go down and also when they come back up. If one AP loses network connectivity it will automatically go into mesh mode with the AP that has network connectivity.

We haven't had any issues with them since we started using them. They have been rock solid.

I hope this helps!

-Ed Liddle

Marysville Public Library
http://marysvillelib.org