[OPLINTECH] Networking Copiers/Printers

Chad Neeper cneeper at level9networks.com
Tue Jun 3 09:49:09 EDT 2014

I don't know offhand if Ricoh has any real management software to manage a
whole fleet of the printers (they most likely do), but at the very least,
individually, you can completely configure them via each one's internal
web-based config tools. It's all IP-based, so assign them static IP
addresses (of course) and connect to them over your VPN. Or if you don't
have a VPN between sites, if you have to, you can use the firewall at each
site to port forward a port of your choosing to the copier's IP:80. If you
have to port forward, though, you ought to at least restrict the port
forward to only work from your central office's IP address.

HTH,

*Full LAN/WAN consulting services -- Specialized in libraries and schools*