[OPLINTECH] Coupons.com

Kevin Puffer kpuffer at wcdpl.org
Fri Jun 6 14:23:16 EDT 2014

There are several solutions. I personally also do what Chad N. does;
auto-clean-up after-the-fact.. If they can install it - have at it. Don't
expect it to be there next time you come in.

I see my role in the public eye is to provide a working computer to do what
computers are supposed to do for the people that paid for them.
I just have to make sure it is also working for the next guy that uses it.
This presents some challenges, but so-far it works pretty well.

KP

On Fri, Jun 6, 2014 at 1:41 PM, Ed Liddle <eliddle at marysvillelib.org> wrote:

>  I think it ultimately comes down to support. Does the library want to
> pay staff to support the commercial software or fix problems resulting from
> the software? Does the software company have a phone number/chat that
> patrons can use when they have problems (software or human error related)
> with the software? When/if an issue arises with the software can the
> library receive support from the company to resolve them in a timely
> fashion (perhaps a bug/security fix ) ?
>
> This is an interesting read about browser extensions. I am not sure if
> coupon printers would fall into this category or not since I don't
> personally use them and recommend people not use them.
>
> http://www.howtogeek.com/180175/warning-your-browser-extensions-are-spying-on-you/
>
> Our computer use policy prohibits the installation of software on the
> computers which covers coupon printing software.
>

>  -Ed Liddle
>
> Marysville Public Library
> http://marysvillelib.org

  *Kevin Puffer*
*Systems Administrator*

*Wood County District Public Library*
*251 N. Main St. Bowling Green, OH 43402*
*(419)** 352-5104   -  kpuffer at wcdpl.org <kpuffer at wcdpl.org>*