[OPLINTECH] Coupons.com

Ed Liddle eliddle at marysvillelib.org
Fri Jun 6 13:41:37 EDT 2014

I think it ultimately comes down to support. Does the library want to pay staff to support the commercial software or fix problems resulting from the software? Does the software company have a phone number/chat that patrons can use when they have problems (software or human error related) with the software? When/if an issue arises with the software can the library receive support from the company to resolve them in a timely fashion (perhaps a bug/security fix ) ?

This is an interesting read about browser extensions. I am not sure if coupon printers would fall into this category or not since I don't personally use them and recommend people not use them.
http://www.howtogeek.com/180175/warning-your-browser-extensions-are-spying-on-you/

Our computer use policy prohibits the installation of software on the computers which covers coupon printing software.

-Ed Liddle

Marysville Public Library
http://marysvillelib.org