[OPLINTECH] Job & Career warning

Stephen Hedges hedgesst at oplin.org
Fri May 2 08:43:38 EDT 2014

In processing database usage statistics for last month, I notice there are still a lot of new users signing up for Job & Career Accelerator. I'm guessing this may be because library websites are still displaying a link to JCA.

Just a reminder, according to the last information we have, JCA will die on June 30. It was replaced by Workforce Skills for 21st Century Success (http://ohioweblibrary.org/db/workforce) at the beginning of this year, but the JCA website continued to be available so people with existing accounts would have a chance to finish their work. (JCA accounts will not transfer to Workforce.)

If people continue to create new JCA accounts, they could well lose all their work on June 30. Please check your website to make sure you are not misleading people into creating accounts in the wrong resource.

Thanks!

Stephen
--
Stephen Hedges, Director
2323 W. Fifth Ave., Suite 130, Columbus, OH 43204
614-728-5250  ::  hedgesst at oplin.org