[OPLINTECH] Help with digital advestisement

Joe knuevejo at oplin.org
Mon Nov 24 16:13:56 EST 2014

We use concerto, which is an open source server-client based program for
doing this.
The server runs a simple LAMP and the client is just a web browser
pointing at a specified address that the server cycles feeds through.
The neat thing, is that you can include more than one message on a
single feed.  For instance, on ours in addition to the main
picture/advertisement, there is also the time and weather along a column
to one side and a space for a tag line at the bottom..

As a solution, it's designed for larger installations (it was designed
to push digital signage across a college campus), so would make more
sense in a multiple client/multiple location situation.

For just one display, I like Chad and Don's solutions better.

Thanks.

Joe

Joseph Knueven
Director