[OPLINTECH] Staff Intranet

Chauncey Montgomery montgoc1 at oplin.org
Mon Sep 8 16:58:18 EDT 2014

Mindy,

We have an staff intranet and use a simple Wordpress blog to post news
and information. All staff can post to it.  It is nice because it keeps
a running, searchable record. We also use MediaWiki on the staff
intranet to organize policies, procedures, etc.

Both Wordpress and MediaWiki are easy to install and use.  Also, they
are open source, so the price is right.

This all runs on an isolated staff server, so public has no way to
access it.  Bob Neeper, our Network Manager, could give you more info on
that if you want.

Let me know if you want more details.

CM

Chauncey G. Montgomery
Director/Fiscal Officer | Community Library
44 Burrer Drive | Sunbury, OH 43074
740-965-3901 | http://community.lib.oh.us