[OPLINTECH] Scanner with Multi-page sheet feeder

Chad Neeper cneeper at level9networks.com
Mon Apr 6 17:00:52 EDT 2015

I've set a few libraries up to let their public copiers scan to a network
folder, which can then be accessed from the public computers. Some also
have a mail server configured, so a patron can scan and then e-mail
themselves the scanned document. The copiers usually support multiple page
scans to either a multi-page TIFF or PDF document. Depending on the copier,
it may also have a multi-page sheet feeder for times when there are a lot
of pages to scan.

A relatively cheap and simple solution could also be a document scanner on
a patron computer. For my own use, I have an HP ScanJet that has a
multi-page feeder that works well. One down-side to a scanner on a patron
computer, however, is that the software is often multiple steps from start
to completion and might get a little confusion for a novice. Using a copier
as a scanner can sometimes be a slightly simpler solution.

I'm curious what others do, too...

HTH,

*Full IT/Computer consulting services -- Specialized in libraries and
schools*