[OPLINTECH] patron USB drive

Kevin Jones kjones at coshoctonlibrary.org
Mon Aug 17 08:47:46 EDT 2015

Hello everyone,

A patron recently forgot a USB drive in one of our computers.  After
looking at it to discover the owner, I found that it was made into a
portable gaming USB drive that had Technic Launcher on it for Minecraft.
After reading about this, it allows them to install and manage modpacks for
Minecraft.

I don't allow the USB drives to be bootable at startup or to autorun in
order to keep patrons from getting past PC Reservation without logging in.
I am not very familiar with the online gaming stuff, so I was wondering if
there was any security issues with allowing patrons to continue using USB
devices in this manner?

Is there a way to keep portable OS devices and game launching devices form
working without stopping the use of USB drives for saving files or opening
Word docs and the like?