[OPLINTECH] Deepfreeze help/advice

Tyson Horton tyson at mywcpl.org
Tue Aug 25 10:28:05 EDT 2015

We had Deep-freeze on all of our public computers, but have recently
upgraded to new ones. When I took over as Systems Administrator, my
predecessor had left abruptly, leaving me to figure everything out. My
first job was to get our computer upgrade rolling. I was not familiar
with Deep-freeze coming into the job, so I'm not sure the ins and outs
of it and how to go about setting it up on our new computers. I have
been looking online and am wondering if their cloud based system is the
way to go. I'm also looking for any advise any of you out there might
have, especially any of you techies out there close to us that wouldn't
mind maybe visiting Bryan for some in house help. Any tips or advise
would be greatly appreciated. Our previous set up was he had a
management console set up on every computer locking it down, which was a
pain for me to figure out what he had set up, and then also had
Deep-freeze set up on each computer. I tried doing the same thing on
these new computers(setting up a MMC console), but I'm not real fond of
it and it takes forever to set up. I have yet to do anything with the
deep-freeze though and would really like to get that going. I'm pretty
sure the version of Deep-freeze he was running is pretty old, that's why
I was looking at the Cloud based system.
--
Tyson Signature

Tyson Horton

Systems Administrator