[OPLINTECH] OPLINTECH Digest, Vol 118, Issue 14

Tim Burns tim.burns at birchard.lib.oh.us
Thu Aug 27 11:33:26 EDT 2015

Is the price comparable to DF?

Can all of this be done using policies, scripts, and other OS included tools?

I get that the hard part seems to be maintaining a “solid” image to start from. (the Frozen snapshot)

If a patron logs in as a Guest. Does their business. Would be cool to delete and freshen up the box, prior to the next patron.

Tim Burns
Birchard Public Library of Sandusky County Ohio
tim.burns at birchard.lib.oh.us<mailto:tim.burns at birchard.lib.oh.us>
telephone: (419) 334-7101 extension: 239

Today's Topics:

  1. Re: Deepfreeze help/advice (James George)

From: "James George" <jgeorge at clermontlibrary.org<mailto:jgeorge at clermontlibrary.org>>

We use a product called Smart Shield by Centurion Technologies
http://www.centuriontech.com/  . It can run stand alone or server based. We
have over 200 public workstations so we use the server based version.
Besides locking and unlocking the workstations like DF, it has the ability
to run schedules to start the workstations, shut them down, run plug in
updates, Windows updates or custom scripts. This is the sequence for a
typical Flash player update: We start the workstations 1 location at a time,
unprotect them, reboot to unprotect, update Flash player via script (for all
3 browsers we use), enable protection, reboot. Workstation is ready to use.
We usually can update Flash Player system wide in about an hour and a half
which as you know, seems like it needs to be done every other week. FWIW,
it's a great utility.