[OPLINTECH] New WiFi connection stats reporting / captured portals

Stephen Hedges hedgesst at oplin.org
Tue Feb 24 15:01:36 EST 2015

I don't think the feds have written their definition yet. They post those at http://www.imls.gov/research/pls_definitions.aspx.

You've probably already seen the instructions for the State Library survey: "Report the number of wireless sessions provided by
the library wireless service annually. Note: This includes services used in the parking lot, etc." That's all.

It's worth mentioning, since Chad has raised the money question a couple of times now, that managed Wi-Fi services are eligible for E-rate this year. See the 2015 Eligible Services List linked at http://www.usac.org/sl/applicants/beforeyoubegin/eligible-services-list.aspx. (Skip to the 18th page)

Stephen
--
Stephen Hedges, Director
2323 W. Fifth Ave., Suite 130, Columbus, OH 43204
614-728-5250  ::  hedgesst at oplin.org