[OPLINTECH] Counting Wireless Patrons

Ron Woods woodsro at stclibrary.org
Wed May 27 11:33:16 EDT 2015

If your using Pfsense or something similar to control your wireless network counting then patrons is very simple.

You can install Squid as a Transparent Proxy Server, and then install Lightsquid reporting system. It will compile all the data from your squid logs. Squid counts each user even in transparent mode. It will then present them in a very nice report mode that is all web based.

I have attached a picture as an example.

This will make counting your wireless patrons a breeze, and best of all it’s FREE and I like Free J

As always, shoot me an message if you have any questions.

Sincerely

Ron

Ron Woods

Computer Services Manager