[OPLINTECH] PCI Compliance Questions

Mindy Holmes mindy.holmes at masonpl.org
Wed Nov 18 13:03:30 EST 2015

I am beginning to look into PCI compliance for my library.  So far, it
seems the easiest most cost effective method is to allow payment via the
PAC only.   I am concerned with patrons using our in-house PACs for
payment as that would then be putting their info over our network and, I
believe, put us into a more stringent tier of PCI compliance.  I have a
few questions and hope some of you already doing this may be able to
help.  I am particularly interested in those using Polaris for their ILS.

  * If you run payments through your PAC only, do you allow it on
    inhouse PACs?  If so, what level of PCI compliance must you maintain?
  * Are you able to block payments via inhouse PACs?  If so, how did you
    do this?
  * How does an individual using the PAC payment via their own device on
    the library wireless network effect library PCI compliance since
    technically their data is traveling across your network?

Clearly, I still have a ways to go in my research, but am hopeful to
gain some clarity from those of you more experienced with PCI compliance.

Thanks,
Mindy Holmes
Mason Public Library