[OPLINTECH] Office 365 in a library environment

Mohamed Ragheb MRAGHEB at cuyahogalibrary.org
Thu Nov 19 22:34:32 EST 2015

Jim,
We are in the middle of implementation now, we are getting rid of Citrix. So today we just migrated 3 users as Pilot including myself. Lots of very useful features and gadgets, 50GB mailbox, unlimited storage for one drive for business, skype for business for conference web meetings/calls, share point, Advanced archiving, spam filter, we set up Hybrid environment as well.

You can sign up for the trial and setup few test accounts to play with it then if you like it then later you can switch.
What i have done is setup 20 test accounts to try it for a month, those users were mixed of IT, branch managers, Executive team, and average users.

So licenses.....dont feel bad IT IS confusing ,  not to mention that Microsoft has changed their license models just in September.
Yes you can get the free version of Office 365 for web access, if you pay for Pro plus then in addition to the web access you will get the option to download the full office suite "office 2016" included, For qualified EDU customers, the Office Pro Plus Benefit provides 5 downloads on a PC, 5 on a tablet, and 5 on a mobile device. So 15 total per user.

You can work around department login as each user will login to the web to access their account, and if its locally installed then they can login to one drive, also you can customize share point site/s for different departments.

You might find the following link useful
https://products.office.com/en-us/academic/office-365-education-plan

We have a long way to go before migrating all users, we have 28 branches along with Admin building so next week I'm planning to  migrate all IT department then Administration then branches after that. If we have smaller system i would migrate all at once.
Planning is the most important part on this whole process.

Hope that helps!
Thanks

Mohamed A. Ragheb, M.Tec.
Software and Applications Manager
Cuyahoga County Public Library
2111 Snow Road<x-apple-data-detectors://23/0>
Parma,Ohio 44134<x-apple-data-detectors://23/0>
Office: 216-749-9389<tel:216-749-9389>
Cell    : 216-407-4154<tel:216-407-4154>
Fax    : 216-749-9445<tel:216-749-9445>