[OPLINTECH] FYI FWIW A Ticketing System http://osticket.com/

Bob Neeper neeperro at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 11:45:39 EDT 2015

Community Library was using eTicket (http://www.eticketsupport.com/) since
2/2014 for in house only.
Staff could create a ticket for various things such as: maintenance problems,
supplies needed, suggestions, etc.
Auto emails were sent to 3 people to 'claim' the ticket.

I couldn't get the email to work after the OPLIN email switch and also found it
is no longer supported.
So we are now switching to osTicket.

Only took a few minutes to download & install on our in house openSUSE server.
It's very powerful, works with our new email provider, and is supported.

It did take a while to configure as with a lot of open source, actual
documentation isn't.
But there's a forum, wiki and blog to help.

--
R. W. (Bob) Neeper
(Retired Toledo Scale Engineer & Library Computer Guy)

Volunteering at:
Community Library
44 Burrer Dr.
Sunbury, Oh 43074