[OPLINTECH] Envisionware on Windows 7 - SOLVED

Administrator Administrator at lickingcountylibrary.info
Thu Oct 1 21:05:06 EDT 2015

There is also some known issues with the new 4.4 version. The two that we have ran into at Licking County Library is where random computers show available but didn't actually get the configuration from the server. So when a patron tries to use the PC it errors out not allowing the PC to be used. A reboot usually fixes the issue. We have several Areas configured at the Main Branch and found that Global shows up in the upper right corner instead of the area that PC belongs to. With that we are able to spot the problem PCs and reboot them before a patron tries to use it.

The other issue is where the System Monitor for EnvisionWare blocks the PCRes app from getting past the initial Preparing PC screen. PC would never move past that beginning screen. The quickest fix I have found is to uninstall the PCRes and LPT One apps so the System Monitor can be uninstalled. The re-install both PCRes and LPT One apps which will re-install the System Monitor. EnvisionWare has a batch file they can put in the system monitor folder to allow it to be uninstalled while the other apps are still installed, but it is shorter to uninstall everything then waiting for support to call you back.

They are working on a hot fix for both issues and hopefully will be released soon.

Any questions, just let me know.

Thanks,

David Lynch
Sophisticated Systems
Doing IT Support for Licking County Library