[OPLINTECH] Where are all the good Dual Monitor Desktops?

Chad Neeper cneeper at level9networks.com
Mon Aug 15 14:34:34 EDT 2016

Ditto Joe's response. And I wouldn't get too hung up on specifically
finding a pre-built computer that comes with multiple video outputs. Find
the computer with the specs you want. A lot of computers already come with
multiple video outs and most can be used simultaneously. But if yours
doesn't, simply add one or get a converter.

For computers that don't already happen to have a second video connector, I
use a USB video adapter. Unless need specifically mandates a high end video
output (simultaneously displaying multiple streams from a security camera
system for instance), the USB adapter works amazingly well for most needs.

As my own daily driver, I use a laptop as my primary computer. It has a
~18.5" display, so I use it as a tertiary display off to the side and then
use two 24" displays as my primary and secondary displays. The two 24"
displays are simply plugged into a USB->video adapter. I'm currently using
a SIIG JU-H20211-S1, which doesn't seem to be current any more, but it's a
USB3 to HDMI and DVI dual port adapter using the DisplayLink DL-3900
chipset. I heavily use both (all three, really) displays simultaneously and
it performs flawlessly. I'm not a gamer, so I'm not beating on the GPU in
that way, but it easily handles all of my needs including full screen video
without any problems and no hint of lag. What I like best is the simplicity
and mobility. USB is ubiquitous, so I can add/remove/relocate it as needed
with no effort at all. It also doesn't require an IT technician to install.

Here's a link to SIIG's website with their display adapters. I'm sure other
manufacturers make them, but I've only used ones from SIIG myself. I don't
use lots of them, but I've never had one fail and I've put a lot of hours
on them, especially on my own computer.
http://www.siig.com/it-products/usb/display-adapters.html

FWIW

*Full IT/Computer consulting services -- Specialized in libraries and
schools*