[OPLINTECH] Server 2012 R2 stuck checking for updates

Chad Neeper cneeper at level9networks.com
Tue Dec 20 16:34:47 EST 2016

Something else easy to do and that I forgot to mention is to simply let the
update keep chugging. I've had some successes (with Win7) in the past by
simply letting it run for hours (and hours, and hours...) overnight.
Sometimes it would eventually fail, but sometimes it would actually
complete and install the KB patches that resolve the problem. This has been
a well-reported problem in Win7 for well over a year, as you mentioned.
With the big push to get everyone to upgrade to Win10, Microsoft certainly
seemed to be in no hurry to fix this wide-spread problem on Win7, but
*eventually* did. (I don't know the exact patch numbers off hand.)

*Full IT/Computer consulting services -- Specialized in libraries and
schools*