[OPLINTECH] Flash and Chrome

John Ross jross at ashland.lib.oh.us
Thu Dec 22 12:20:26 EST 2016

Yes, The temporary workaround is to open Chrome and go to
chrome://components, look for Flash, and update it from there. Also, I have
had to disable Chrome from using it's own .pdf viewer by going
to chrome://plugins/ and disabling it for patrons because of the way our
system is configured. There is also an option to disable Flash in the
plugins as well.

While I'll be happy to see Flash go in favor of HTML5, there are still some
sites that members still use on a regular basis. I also control some of
these settings using GPO's

Sincerely,

John L. Ross, III
Coordinator, Technology Services