[OPLINTECH] No Internet access

Kevin Jones kjones at coshoctonlibrary.org
Fri Feb 12 14:32:56 EST 2016

Bingo!  It ended up being the registry setting for Enable Active Probing.
The value was set to 0.  I changed it to 1 and the the issue was resolved.

>From the technet article that Chad shared a link to:

   1. Navigate to:

   *HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NlaSvc\Parameters\Internet*

   2. Under the *Internet* key, double-click *EnableActiveProbing*, and
   then in *Value data*, type:  *0*

   The default for this value is 1. Setting the value to 0 prevents NCSI
   from connecting to a site on the Internet during checks for connectivity.

   3. Click *OK*.

   4. Restart the computer.

I looked at everything that everyone suggested.  I really appreciate your
help and time.

Thanks everyone.

Kevin Jones
Network Admin