[OPLINTECH] Thank you, Microsoft

Dan Will danwill at meigslibrary.org
Fri Jan 15 14:59:34 EST 2016

Bob,

   As someone who does use WSUS, let me add something to the equation, you can still get the nagware unless you set

“Do not connect to any windows update internet locations” to enabled as well as “Defer upgrades and updates”. Windows 10

still wants to “phone home” so to speak. I find that even with group policy set this way, Windows 10 wants to update daily,

which is a huge pain in the posterior for those of us using Deep Freeze. I have been going through firewall logs trying to see

what our huge spikes are of a morning. Guess what, Windows spends the first 30 minutes checking for updates from Redmond.

Not cool Microsoft.

Dan Will

Technology Supervisor

danwill at meigslibrary.org

740.992.5813

The difference between fiction and non-fiction? ......

Fiction has to make sense.

Tom Clancy