[OPLINTECH] LPTOne issues

Kevin Jones kjones at coshoctonlibrary.org
Thu Jan 21 08:50:04 EST 2016

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone uses LPTone for print management?  For those that
do, are you experiencing any slow print jobs form the JQE?  If you are
using LPTOne and everything is printing in a reasonable amount of time,
what is the make and model of your printer?  Would you mind sharing your
LPTOne configuration?

Our experience has been that large PDF files and images print slow from our
Xerox 6600.  I have tried all the Xerox drivers and configurations in
LPTOne and settled on what was best, but some jobs take a long time to
print.  What I see occasionally is that the printer will print a single
page, then stop and think for a while, then print another page, and repeat
until it's done.  If you print the same job directly from the LPTOneJQE
computer, it prints faster.

I am using the Global Xerox postscript driver with Generic optimization in
LPTOne.  Xerox recommends this driver because it has an image compression
setting that you can set to max reduction which speeds up the printing
process without quality loss.  However if I try to utilize this with the
LPTOne setting and use postscript optimization, it starts printing duplex
and color for black and white.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kevin Jones
Network Admin