[OPLINTECH] Windows 10?

Jan Berger janberger at lebanonlibrary.org
Wed Jul 6 12:14:10 EDT 2016

Phil,

We started the process here in March and have the same set up you do: Windows 10, Cassie, and Deep Freeze. The hardest parts I had were Windows 10 firewall security settings/group settings and dealing with Cassie networking. Deep Freeze was a breeze when it came to updating! I decided to throw one more monkeywrench in the mix and have been slowly building and adding the system to a domain controller environment as well. Before we had a very manageable number of computers. Monthly maintenance made sense. We have more than doubles the number of computers here since I started workig here so developing groups and group policies on the network makes more sense.

I have heard very positive feedback from both our staff and patrons on how zippy Windows 10 is. Reliable printer set up was tricky, but we got there. Let me know if you I can help save you some of my pain!

Jan M. Berger
IT Coordinator
Lebanon Public Library
101 S. Broadway St.