[OPLINTECH] Send message to patron computer

Chad Neeper cneeper at level9networks.com
Mon Oct 17 14:38:59 EDT 2016

Only way I can think this could work on a *non-library-owned* device would
be with a Captive Portal. Otherwise, you can't just push content on a
device and expect it to be displayed, unless you're exploiting a
vulnerability in the device (a la. malicious hacking).

A CP with a staff-friendly interface for management of this type could work
by temporarily blocking the connection until the user re-affirms the CP
page. But, from my recent experience with CP on some devices, it can be
cumbersome and somewhat confusing to the end user because some devices
don't always handle losing a previously-working connection all that well.

On a *library-owned* device, you could probably achieve that using a
variety of methods via software you install on each client computer.

*Full IT/Computer consulting services -- Specialized in libraries and
schools*