[OPLINTECH] Send message to patron computer

Ken Butler kbutler at holmeslib.org
Mon Oct 17 14:36:17 EDT 2016

We use a program called SmartShield
<http://centuriontech.com/solutions/Library/> from a company called
CenturionTech to lock down our public computers. This software can send
messages, lock down, and remotely control computers with the SmartShield
software installed. It's main function is to restore computers after each
session to a pre-configured image, but it has a lot of other neat functions
that I've found very useful. This software does cost money, both for the
initial purchase and for licensing, but the cost is very reasonable for
what it does.