[OPLINTECH] FWIW Shutterfly problem followup with a workaround if you have the same problem

Bob Neeper neeperro at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 10:02:22 EDT 2016

Sent Shutterfly an email on the problem and eagerly awaited their words of wisdom.

First response from a Suresh was a typical brush off.
...clear your browser cache and cookies and try again.
If you are still facing the same issue, please change the browser and try again.
We recommend Google chrome for better result.

My response.
"So you recommend clearing cache and using Chrome?
Let's see, I mentioned using Chrome browser and that I tried a second PC.
Well, using a second PC is better than clearing cache as it was the first time
to try Shutterfly.
So your help is useless. But not to worry. There is always Snapfish and others
to buy photo books from."

That got attention from a Alamu R., as follows.
  (Better response that works, except Timeline is in the My Photos menu.)
  (Difference is sort of doing the same thing from a sub-menu instead of the
main menu)
  (Might be worth remembering)

"It seems that you were uploading pictures directly to your project.
It is a one step process to upload the pictures directly to the book.

I would suggest you to upload images to your Shutterfly account and then add the
images to your photo book.
Please follow these steps to upload images to your account:

At the top left corner of the main menu, click on “Timeline”.
Under “Timeline”, click “Upload” from the sub-menu.

On the next page, there would be options to
  "Select photos and videos from your computer",
  "Select folders from your computer"
  or you can drag photos or videos into the dotted square box to begin upload.

On the left, under “Select photos and videos from your computer”, click the
“Choose Files” button.
Select files to upload. (File selections instructions are available….)
Click “Open” at the bottom right corner for the option to add files to an album.

Three available options:
  one: Place a checkmark next to the desired album.
  two: Leave unchecked to upload directly to Timeline.
  three: Create a new album. (An option to move the album into an alternative
folder is available within this window.)

To initiate the upload process, select “Start upload”.
On the Photo Source window, click “Done” to return to Timeline.

Once the pictures are uploaded to your album you can open the project. Use the
option to get pictures into your project above the picture strip. Drag and drop
the images from the picture strip to the photo book to add the pictures to the
pages."

--
R. W. (Bob) Neeper
(Retired Toledo Scale Engineer & Library Computer Guy)
neeperro at gmail.com

Doing Genealogy at:
Community Library
Sunbury, Ohio