[OPLINTECH] Thoughts on 3rd party hardware vendors

Jim Lack J.Lack at rrpl.org
Mon Jan 30 09:43:26 EST 2017

I just wanted to get a take on your thoughts of using 3rd party vendors when it comes to hardware service for your servers.  I have a few servers that are coming up for maintenance renewals.  All our servers are Dell and I've been very fortunate to have good service from their tech support when I needed them.  I recently received quotes from some 3rd party vendors and there is a significant savings if I go with them over Dell.  Just wanted to find out how others feel about 3rd party vendors vs. manufacture vendors when it comes to hardware support.  Has anyone ever been burned by going this route.  Your thoughts?

Thank You,

Jim Lack
Technology Support Manager
Rocky River Public Library