[OPLINTECH] Public Computers & Office

Ed Liddle via OPLINTECH oplintech at lists.oplin.org
Thu Jun 1 13:08:53 EDT 2017

Another option would be libre office
http://libreoffice.org
A few years ago after Orcale purchsed Sun, it was uncertain what would
happen to OpenOffice. So the open office folks decided to fork it and
created libre office. They initially went through the openoffice code,
cleaned it up and started using that as the code base to build
libreoffice on.

I have both microsoft office and LIbre office on our public computers. I
also started installing google chrome on the public computers since our
school district uses google apps for their students.

-Ed Liddle