[OPLINTECH] Public Computers & Office

Chauncey Montgomery via OPLINTECH oplintech at lists.oplin.org
Thu Jun 1 14:29:38 EDT 2017

We have LibreOffice on all public PCs.  However, we do have four PCs with MS Office for the patrons that insist on using it.  LibreOffice is sufficient for most and rarely do we have folk complain that we use LibreOffice instead of MS Office.  Staff use LibreOffice, which enables us to assist patrons with funky requests, such as, "how do you freeze cells," or "how do you repeat rows at the top," etc.  As mentioned by others, many users are drifting towards Google Docs, since schools and businesses are starting to use it.  This shift should make life much easier for us.
CM
--
Chauncey G. Montgomery
Director/Fiscal Officer | Community Library