[OPLINTECH] Digital currencies / blockchain

Chad Neeper via OPLINTECH oplintech at lists.oplin.org
Thu Jun 22 12:19:06 EDT 2017

So I've been investing in digital currencies for going on a couple of years
now and I've been watching the concept slowly creep into the general
public's awareness, mostly by the public becoming aware of the term
"Bitcoin" (even if not grasping the full concept). Recently, I've set up a
mining rig and have been investigating the mining side of things.

My question is:  Have any of you been fielding any questions from your
staff/patrons about digital currencies (perhaps more specifically
blockchain) and have you given any thought into how it might be applicable
in or relate to Library Land?

This is obviously way forward thinking, but it's worth considering.
Blockchain, especially, is a solid and *immensely useful* concept that's
here to stay.

*Full IT/Computer consulting services -- Specialized in libraries and
schools*