[OPLINTECH] 3D Printers, Policy and Procedures

Brian Phillips via OPLINTECH oplintech at lists.oplin.org
Thu Sep 21 11:20:06 EDT 2017

Chris,

We have two 3D printers that we recently purchased. They are FlashForge Creator Pro model (http://www.flashforge-usa.com/creator-pro/). They seem to work pretty well, we haven’t had too many issues. But I can’t help you much with your question about policing the use of them. They are new and right now we have just been rotating them around between all the branches having staff print items and leave it out running in a public space where patron can watch it and kind of see how it works. We are planning on doing more with them in the future, but I am not sure the exact plan.

Thanks,

Brian Phillips
Information Technology Manager
Chillicothe & Ross County Public Library
140 S Paint St.
Chillicothe OH  45601
Work – (740) 702-4115
Cell – (740) 703-4153