[OPLINTECH] OPLIN Maintenance - 2017-10-02 10pm, <2hr duration

Karl Jendretzky via OPLINTECH oplintech at lists.oplin.org
Mon Sep 25 09:47:50 EDT 2017

*What:* OPLIN core router maintenance
*Start Time:* 2017-10-02 10pm
*Expected Duration:* possible until midnight (less than 2 hours)
*Impact:* Intermittent connectivity for all OPLIN circuits

*Summary:* Next Monday night at 10pm OPLIN and OIT staff will be migrating
the OPLIN core into room NR1 at SOCC. One of the biggest hurdles during the
outage last Tuesday was that the current OPLIN core is in a room at the
SOCC which is outside the fiber footprint we've been building to service
the new core topology. By moving the production environment to NR1, we get
full access to OPLIN fiber at SOCC, and can quickly bypass any future
issues.

If you have any questions or comments feel free to let me know!

Karl Jendretzky
IT Manager - Ohio Public Library Information Network
(614) 728-5252karl at oplin.ohio.gov