[OPLINTECH] IE on public computers?

Ken Butler kbutler at holmeslib.org
Wed Apr 18 10:46:06 EDT 2018

I removed the shortcuts to IE / Edge from the desktop and taskbar on our
public computers. The apps are still there, just harder to find. Chrome is
our default browser, and we also have Firefox installed in case Chrome
doesn't work. Almost every issue was remedied by switching to Chrome. I
don't think I've ever seen an issue that was remedied by switching to IE /
Edge, although as you said, there are probably still rare sites out there
that require IE.

We still have the occasional issue where someone types in "internet" in the
Windows 10 search bar and pulls up Internet Explorer or Edge instead and
then has problems, but instead of these issues being a daily occurrence,
they now rarely happen more than once per month. I think this is a good
compromise.

--
Ken Butler
hcotech at holmeslib.org