[OPLINTECH] Windows 10 computers

Chad Neeper cneeper at level9networks.com
Mon Apr 30 11:07:50 EDT 2018

It has been a while since I personally installed Win10 (a co-worker usually
handles it now), so I can't tell you exactly where in the process it is,
but...with an OEM install anyway...at the point it's asking you to create
the Microsoft account (or perhaps immediately before that), there is a very
small and non-obvious/non-intuitive option to click on that lets you create
a local account rather than the Microsoft account. As long as you click on
it to skip the Microsoft account and create a local account instead, you
don't need to jump through the hoops you described WRT disabling
Ethernet/WiFi.

FYI.  YMMV with branded computers, but my guess is that the option is
probably there on branded computers too.

*Full IT/Computer consulting services -- Specialized in libraries and
schools*