[OPLINTECH] Looking to connect two monitors to one computer

Chad Neeper cneeper at level9networks.com
Thu Jul 16 15:59:05 EDT 2020

Looks like you might have a DisplayPort output under your DB15 VGA output
on the back of the computer. You could potentially use an adapter like this
one
<https://www.startech.com/AV/display-and-video-adapters/Displayport-Adapters/DisplayPort-to-VGA-Adapter-Converter~DP2VGA#:~:text=The%20StarTech.com%20DP2VGA%20DisplayPort,active%20digital%20to%20analog%20conversion.>
to convert the DP output to VGA and use your existing VGA-only display. Or
if you have a display with other input types (HDMI, DVI), you could perhaps
convert to one of those types. Prices may vary depending on the conversion
type. We use the StarTech adapters fairly often to let us continue to use
existing displays with newer computers. But there are other adapter
manufacturers too.

HTH,

*I am no longer responding off-list to topical replies sent only/directly
to me.*
*Libraries have a wonderfully amazing reputation for openness and sharing,
a concept I support and encourage. **Your thoughts are useful and valuable.
As always, I beg you to share them publicly so that other libraries can
benefit from them and participate in a conversation**.*

*Full IT/Computer consulting services -- Specialized in public libraries*