[OPLINTECH] Windows Update/Printer Issues

Chad Neeper cneeper at level9networks.com
Fri Jun 19 11:53:02 EDT 2020

We had a small rash of Windows computers that oddly experienced printing
problems at one library within the last couple of weeks. We couldn't
specifically associate the problems with Windows Updates, but I did wonder
if that was perhaps the case. There are *SO* many severe problems related
to Windows Updates that I no longer pay attention to the dire warnings that
start popping up as soon as each month's update is released, so I'm not
specifically familiar with printer-related issues caused by the latest
Windows Updates. But in our case, just normal printer troubleshooting
resolved our printing issues. I would assume you've tried something as
basic as completely uninstalling the current printer driver, then
downloading the latest driver from the printer manufacturer's website and
installing that. But if not...that would be my very first suggestion.

Good luck,

*I am no longer responding off-list to topical replies sent only/directly
to me.*
*Libraries have a wonderfully amazing reputation for openness and sharing,
a concept I support and encourage. **Your thoughts are useful and valuable.
As always, I beg you to share them publicly so that other libraries can
benefit from them and participate in a conversation**.*

*Full IT/Computer consulting services -- Specialized in public libraries*