[OPLINTECH] What’s next for libraries with LinkedIn Learning

Don Yarman don at oplin.ohio.gov
Thu Mar 26 13:56:33 EDT 2020

This afternoon, LinkedIn Learning announced to libraries the plans for
moving from the Lynda.com platform. As the message copied below describes,
the new LinkedIn Learning for Libraries will not require a LinkedIn
profile—only a library card number and PIN.

They do not have a timeline for the transition to the new product, but they
estimate it will begin in the fall. Meanwhile, Ohio libraries will remain
on the existing lyndaLibrary platform.

Please let me know if you have questions.

                    Don Yarman
                    Director, Ohio Public Library Information Network
                    2323 W Fifth Ave Suite 130, Columbus OH 43204
                    don at oplin.ohio.gov | 614.728.5250