[OPLINTECH] *External* Re: Free Printing Solutions

Scott Harmon sharmon at columbuslibrary.org
Thu Mar 25 16:47:52 EDT 2021

Ideally, patrons would receive the same amount of free pages on Mobile Print or using the public workstations at the branches. We spoke about the database with Envisionware and had the following concerns with using that solution.

·       It would require us to clear out some data manually

·       It would not allow for free printing for mobile printing jobs since those are not stored/retrieved by library card number.   Even if the customer has a card we couldn’t “apply” it to their mobile printing job.

·       If new customers get a card, they have to be added by PC Reservation (when they login for first time)

·       The configuration would have to be done on the backroom PCs at every location, on the LPT1 machines, and within the ecommerce server configurations.

o   Risk of misconfiguring

o   Had problems with normal set up of ecommerce

·       Risk and PCI review would be needed as customer cards would be assigned a certain amount of money daily.