[OPLINTECH] [OPLINLIST] VHS → digital conversion service for patron use

Chad Neeper cneeper at level9networks.com
Fri Mar 26 15:39:38 EDT 2021

Thanks for the suggestions, Mike! That gives some good food for thought.

I did receive one other response, off-list, from another library I work
with and didn't know offered the service. (I *should* have known; they do
nearly everything imaginable!) Her library is circing what appears to be a
similar converter to your UCEC. I'm not sure the library that's interested
in providing VHS conversion has even really considered the possibility of
providing a solution that patrons could take home with them. I certainly
hadn't. Also she said:    *<snip>We just received the ClearClick Video to
Digital Converter 2.0.  I have tried it and it is also very easy to use.
It does have an instruction video that is easy to follow.  It does NOT
require a computer, but it does require a VHS player.   The file is saved
directly to a USB flash drive or SD card.</snip>*    I'm curious to look
into this one further. It's kind of more along the lines of a simple
computerless arrangement that I maybe didn't realize I was hoping someone
would mention.

*My personal listserv policy:*

*I may not respond off-list to topical replies sent only/directly to me.*
*Libraries have a wonderfully amazing reputation for openness and sharing,
a concept I support and encourage. Your thoughts are useful and valuable. I
beg you to share them publicly so that other libraries can benefit from
them too and perhaps participate in an open conversation...which can't
occur off-list.*

*Full IT/Computer consulting services -- Specialized in public libraries*