[OPLINTECH] replacing Faronics DeepFreeze?

Chad Neeper cneeper at level9networks.com
Mon May 17 12:25:51 EDT 2021

When I'm looking for alternative software, I find that the
AlternativeTo.net website is often a useful launching point. It usually
gives me a quick list of similar products faster than I can find on my own
elsewhere. As for the comments, I put very little stock in the opinions
people have of the various products. But I do skim the comments for other
leads. Sometimes someone will mention a little nugget in the comments on
these types of lists, but the tip doesn't always make it to the list
itself. It's just a quick way to get a starting point list to check out to
see if there's something useful for your own particular needs. Just treat
lists/reviews like these as a list to check out and do your own research on
each item in the list.

Good luck!

*My personal listserv policy:*

*I may not respond off-list to topical replies sent only/directly to me.*
*Libraries have a wonderfully amazing reputation for openness and sharing,
a concept I support and encourage. Your thoughts are useful and valuable. I
beg you to share them publicly so that other libraries can benefit from
them too and perhaps participate in an open conversation...which can't
occur off-list.*

*Full IT/Computer consulting services -- Specialized in public libraries*