[OPLINTECH] OPLIN and State Library soon launching Northstar Digital Literacy

Don Yarman don at oplin.ohio.gov
Tue Oct 19 08:26:45 EDT 2021

If you were not able to attend the OLC convention, you might have missed
the announcement that the State Library provided OPLIN with federal funds
to purchase statewide licensing for Northstar Digital Literacy Resources.

Northstar offers an amazing array of resources to help libraries do the
work of helping their patrons learn to use computers and the internet.
Quick assessments let individuals know what skills they need, and they can
access on-line instruction. Libraries that offer in-person classes can use
Northstar's ready-made lesson plans, complete with exercises.

The best way to get a quick sense of what Northstar is about is to take an
assessment yourself.
<https://www.digitalliteracyassessment.org/#take-assessment> Visit
https://www.digitalliteracyassessment.org/ and click the green "Take An
Assessment" button. (I did "Using Email;" I got two questions wrong.)

Learn more about Northstar at the OPLIN website,
oplin.ohio.gov/services/northstar. And sign up for the introductory
webinar Closing
the Digital Literacy Gap with Northstar
<https://olc.org/blog/event/oplin-webinar-closing-the-digital-literacy-gap-with-northstar/>
hosted by OLC.
https://olc.org/blog/event/oplin-webinar-closing-the-digital-literacy-gap-with-northstar/

                    Don Yarman
                    Director, Ohio Public Library Information Network
                    2323 W Fifth Ave Suite 130, Columbus OH 43204
                    don at oplin.ohio.gov | 614.728.5250