[OPLINTECH] Meeting Room AV Equipment

Joe Dusenbery joe at muskingumlibrary.org
Wed Sep 1 08:14:06 EDT 2021

Hello,

We are looking into the possibility of adding and upgrading AV equipment in
several of our meeting rooms. For some of our smaller rooms, we are looking
at wall-mounted TVs connected to computers with webcams, microphones, and
good speakers. For one of our larger rooms we are looking to upgrade the
aging ceiling mounted projector and add some things like video conferencing
capabilities and in-ceiling speakers with the ability to play audio from a
computer and a microphone/podium.

Currently, we have a 70" tv mounted on a cart with a PC, webcam, and
conference mic that we put together ourselves which works pretty well but
we are constantly needing to move it around as it gets requested fairly
frequently in different rooms. We would like more permanent AV equipment in
more rooms. We could make an attempt at duplicating our mobile setup but we
would like some outside/professional assistance. Has anyone worked with any
vendors to do something similar that they can recommend?

We are located in Zanesville, OH which is about 45 minutes East of Columbus
on i70. In my quick Googling, I found this vendor out of Columbus:
https://www.conferencetech.com/locations/columbus/. Has anyone worked with
them and would like to offer feedback?

Thanks,
Joe