[Digihubsadmin] FW: FW: Re: FADGI Compliance

Wale, Jeff jeff.wale at toledolibrary.org
Wed Jun 4 13:08:58 EDT 2014

Hi Barry,
Thank you for the call this morning. To summarize (and to bring all partners up to speed for tomorrow’s call) . . . . .

·         No need to send Bart back to Toledo to run a 600 dpi @ A1 – we will run a test and email it to Don, if needed.

·         You understand how we were led to believe the scanner would pass at 600 dpi @ AO size and acknowledged that i2s wasn’t completely honest on their website specs (you don’t have to acknowledge this is email). It was only after speaking to i2s that you learned of the A1 size limitation.

·         I shared with you that Don Williams has tested other OEM scanners and they passed FADGI-2 at 600 dpi @ A0 size. He did tell me that the 2xAO HD is too large to pass.

·         In preparation of tomorrow’s conference call, you will talk to i2s to see if they have an alternative lens (see Chatham’s email below) or some other good faith effort for Toledo to waive the requirement – such as extending the maintenance from 1 to 2 years or providing technician level training at no cost. Note: I cannot speak for the other partners -- each will make their own decision on what’s best from them.
I look forward to resolving this matter quickly and moving on to transferring maintenance.
Thank you,
Jeff