[Digihubsadmin] Regional naming

Stephen Hedges hedgesst at oplin.org
Mon Jun 16 09:01:16 EDT 2014

Chatham asked if I had any opinion about this (for what that's worth), but I don't really have any strong opinion about a coordinated regional marketing strategy.

On the one hand, I don't see a need for a single brand, for example. I base that on my experience with Libraries Connect Ohio, the partnership of OPLIN, the State Library. OhioLINK, and INFOhio to deliver statewide databases. We do our grant applications under the name Libraries Connect Ohio (as this group did this grant application for "Digitization Hubs"), and there's a website that explains a little about Libraries Connect Ohio, but each partner maintains very different branding for our differing constituencies, and even delivers the "product" in very different ways.

On the other hand, I wouldn't point to Libraries Connect Ohio as a huge marketing success. INFOhio is fairly successful marketing the databases to K-12 students and their teachers and parents, but would we all benefit from a coordinated marketing strategy? Perhaps.

Sorry I don't have something more helpful to contribute.

Stephen
--
Stephen Hedges, Director
2323 W. Fifth Ave., Suite 130, Columbus, OH 43204
614-728-5250  ::  hedgesst at oplin.org