[NORTHSTAR] More libraries are live; launching DigitalSkillsOhio; digital literacy overview from NORWELD

Christine Morris christine at oplin.ohio.gov
Fri Apr 1 10:32:48 EDT 2022

Greetings,

I hope you are all doing well this week, and that today's April Fools jokes
are hitting your funny bone with delight!  Here are the updates for the
week.

*More Libraries Are Live*
Congratulations to these libraries, who have all gone live in the past two
weeks:

   - Logan-Hocking County District Library
   <https://www.hocking.lib.oh.us/content/free-northstar-online-learning-click-open>
   - Putnam County District Library <https://mypcdl.org/technology-events1>
   - Upper Sandusky Community Library
   <https://www.usclibrary.org/content/northstar-digital-literacy>
   - Wilmington Public Library of Clinton County
   <https://www.wilmington.lib.oh.us/content/northstar-digital-assessments>

We hope that your library will be going live soon as well!  Let us know how
things are going at http://oplin.org/go/NS-GoLive.

*Launching DigitalSkillsOhio*
We are rapidly approaching critical mass for the launch of
https://www.digitalskillsohio.org.

As a reminder, when we have "live" libraries that serve 5.5 million folks
in Ohio, we will be adding DigitalSkillsOhio to our list of Ohio Web
Library resources.  From that point, patrons can find either a link to your
library's Northstar instance (if you are "live") or be directed to the
Northstar assessments without a Learner account.

*Fair warning:* we *may* be able to launch this before OLC Legislative Day
next week, with the libraries that have told us they are close to going
live.  If you want to make sure that your library gets onboard soon, check
out our Go Live Checklist
<https://www.oplin.ohio.gov/sites/default/files/Go%20Live%20Checklist%20for%20Ohio%20Libraries.pdf>
to see what you still need to do.  Chances are, you could be ready to roll
just a couple hours.

*Digital Literacy Overview from NORWELD*
Thanks to the folks at NORWELD, I had a chance to share information
about Northstar
and Beyond: Digital Literacy in Public Libraries
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pv0q7CfTYLM>, including some updates about
digital literacy and digital inclusion from PLA last week.  If you have a
chance, you can check it out at that unlisted YouTube link.  They have a
lot of other great sessions coming up, too: https://norweld.org.

*Thanks, as always, for all that you do.  *Hope you have a great weekend!

Sincerely,

Christine
--
Christine Morris (she/her)