[NORTHSTAR] Updated Northstar Pointers, New Options for "Live" Links, and More!

Christine Morris christine at oplin.ohio.gov
Wed Feb 2 14:35:04 EST 2022

Greetings,

Here are a few important updates for you as Northstar Administrators.  I
will be sharing the highlights via the OPLIN listserv later today as well.

*Updated Northstar Pointers*

In anticipation of what is forecast to be a wild winter weather event, we
have rescheduled the Northstar Pointers session from 2/3 to 2/17. We have
also rescheduled the 3/10 session to 3/9 to accommodate the OLC Adult
Services conference. Registered attendees have been notified of both
changes.

In summary, the schedule of Northstar Pointers sessions is as follows:

   - Northstar Pointers with Cuyahoga County Public Library
   <https://events.library.ohio.gov/event/8807682> - Thursday, Feb. 17 from
   1-2pm
   - Northstar Pointers with Heights Libraries
   <https://events.library.ohio.gov/event/8835425> - Wednesday, Feb. 23
   from 1-2pm
   - Northstar Pointers with Sandusky Library
   <https://events.library.ohio.gov/event/8835499> - Wednesday, Mar. 9 from
   2-3pm

*New Options for "Live" Links*

I have been suggesting that libraries use their unique link, as presented
in the Admin portal when they "go live."  For example:
https://www.digitalliteracyassessment.org/launch-from/13970-RMDY-rutherford-public-library

However, I have recently discovered that Northstar has another option for a
Learner starting point.  For example:
https://www.digitalliteracyassessment.org/locations/rutherford-public-library/register-as-learner?next=/locations/rutherford-public-library

The second option may suit your library better, but it requires a few
tweaks--please contact me directly to get your unique URL and instructions
to make it work best.

*More Libraries Have Gone Live!*

Congratulations to the libraries that have gone live since our last update,
including:

   - Cuyahoga Falls Library
   <https://cuyahogafallslibrary.org/news/?utm_source=website&utm_medium=homepage-small-banner&utm_campaign=northstar>
   - Euclid Public Library
   <https://www.euclidlibrary.org/content/northstar-digital-literacy>
   - Geauga County Public Library
   <https://divi.geaugalibrary.net/?page_id=41626>
   - Kent Free Library <https://kentfreelibrary.org/catalog/research>
   - Pemberville Public Library
   <https://pembervillelibrary.org/news/new-service-northstar-digital-literacy>

We know there are many others preparing to go live soon.  Don't forget to
send us your updates at https://forms.gle/x1uW4MRG5qgZCK8SA.

*Take care, stay warm, and be safe!*

Sincerely,

Christine