[SOA] FW: House Appropriations T-THUD Subcommitee actions

Angela O'Neal aoneal at ohiohistory.org
Thu Jun 8 08:20:10 EDT 2006

Thanks to all who wrote letters in support of NHPRC! The House Appropriations Subcommittee on Treasury, Transportation, HUD and Related Agencies recommended restored NHPRC funding at $5.5 million for grants, $2 million for operating expenses and recommended NARA be given its full administrative request, which includes $289.6 million in operating expenses and $45.5 million for the Electronic Records Archives. However, there is more work to be done. To learn more about the Partnership for the American Historical Record, visit http://www.archivists.org/news/nhprc-FY2007-Partnership.asp <http://www.archivists.org/news/nhprc-FY2007-Partnership.asp>

What could/should SOA do to support this initiative? Please feel free to discuss your ideas on the list.

Angela