[SOA] SOA Education Committee - Get involved!

Schmid, Christine cschmid at huc.edu
Tue Oct 3 14:25:24 EDT 2006

Greetings fellow archivists.
I'm looking for a few good women and men to volunteer to teach some classes for SOA. Our workshops are not only a great way to teach those who take care of our state's records. It is also a wonderful way to reach out to the record-keepers who are not associated with colleges, local and state governments and who may thus feel left out of our professional circle. All it would take is some prep time and a few hours on a Saturday. And of course it is a great resume builder and also counts towards your recertification points.

Right now I am looking for someone in SE Ohio (Cincinnati area) who can teach Archives 101 (anyone interested in teaching this would have class materials ready and waiting for them so there would be little prep needed) and also someone for a MARC class. I am also looking for someone in the Cleveland area to teach an Arrangement and Description class.

I could teach all of these classes myself but that defeats the purpose of a committee and a professional organization. I would love to see some new folks offer to help so that no one needs to drive hundreds of miles to teach a class. There's a plethora of talent in SOA just waiting to be tapped, I'm sure!

If you are interested in teaching or would like to join the education committee please let me know.

Thanks so much!
Christine

Christine A. Schmid
Associate Archivist
The Jacob Rader Marcus Center of American Jewish Archives
3101 Clifton Avenue
Cincinnati, OH 45220
513-221-7444 x3319
513-221-7812 (fax)