[SOA] Archives 101--Cincinnati Workshop with corrected links

Schmid, Christine cschmid at huc.edu
Thu Oct 26 10:41:15 EDT 2006

Let's try this once again with directions and active links.
Sorry for the repeat.
Christine

The Society of Ohio Archivists is offering an Archives 101 workshop on November 18th, 10am-4pm at Xavier University in Cincinnati. This workshop examines the challenges of being an archivist, and the basic information and skills needed to collect, appraise, process, describe, and service archival collections.
Day Long. Fee: $30.00

Pizza and soft drinks will be served for lunch courtesy of Xavier University. See below for a map and directions to Xavier University.

Please send payment made out to SOA to:
Christine A. Schmid
Associate Archivist
The Jacob Rader Marcus Center of American Jewish Archives
3101 Clifton Avenue
Cincinnati, OH 45220
513-221-7444 x3319
cschmid at huc.edu

 Maps & Directions <http://www.xavier.edu/directions/images/maps_directions.gif>

For a map of the Xavier campus click on this link:

http://www.xu.edu/directions/map.pdf

Directions to Xavier University

3800 Victory Parkway
Cincinnati, Ohio 45207

Traveling to Xavier going north or south on I-75

1.	Take I-75 north/south to Norwood Rt. 562 (Exit #7) going east.

2.	Take second exit, Rt. 42, Reading Road

3.	Turn right off exit.

4.	Turn left at the third light onto Victory Parkway.

5.	Turn left at the third light onto Dana Avenue

6.	Take a quick left at the stone-wall entrance onto University Drive.

7.	The welcome booth will be on your left, past several reserved parking spaces.

Traveling to Xavier going north on I-71

1.	Take I-71 north to Dana Avenue/Montgomery Road Exit #5.

2.	Turn left onto Duck Creek Road

3.	At the second stop light, turn left onto Dana Avenue

4.	After the fourth stop light (at Ledgewood Drive), turn right at the second street, University Drive, which is recognizable by a stone-wall entrance. This drive is before the fifth stop light (at Victory Parkway).

Traveling to Xavier going south on I-71

1.	Take I-71 south to Dana Avenue Exit #5.

2.	Turn right off the exit.

3.	After the third stop light (at Ledgewood Drive) turn right at the second street, University Drive, which is recognizable by a stone-wall entrance. This drive is before the fourth stop light (at Victory Parkway).

Note: The Alumni Center Parking Lot is on Dana Avenue across the street from the Admissions Lot (in the "S" curve).

Parking is available in the lower lot of the Alumni Center off of Dana Avenue (see #24 on the campus map.  No parking pass is needed for those parking that day in the Alumni Center lot. The workshop will be held in McDonald Memorial Library, Second Floor Electronic Classroom (see #22 on the campus map).